Thursday, May 8, 2008

How Do Spacesuits Work?

Earlier today, I was lying down on my bed trying to make a list in my head of topics I have not yet covered about Earth and Space. Thinking about space, I was asking myself "How do spacesuits work?". That question kept ringing in my mind fo about a minute, before I fell asleep. Now that I'm wide awake (hopefully, completely), I decided that I wanted to find the answer to that very question. It wasn't a very easy task. It took me about half an hour to find the answer.

Spacesuits are designed to:

  • Have a pressurized atmosphere
  • Give you oxygen
  • Remove Carbon Dioxide
  • Allow you to communicate with other people (including people on Earth/astronauts)
  • Allows flexible body movement
  • Allows clear vision of what's going on.

My next research: How Do Astronauts Eat In Space?

No comments: